It is that time of year already! Apple season is amoung us! What better family activity then apple picking!
Apple picking as been a fulled filled adventure for the family for centuries! Its the perfect opporunity for you and your family to get out, pick some apples, spend the day at the orchard and get to take them home for a healthy snack afterwards!
There are alot of local orchards around Guelph! Read our blog all about Where to pick your own Apples around Guelph and Area!
momstown Guelph has included some apple receipes to do with those beautiful awesome apples when you get them home!
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce;
– 12 sweet apples (gala, honey crisp, red delicious)
– 2 teaspoons water
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– pinch of nutmeg
wash apples, peel, core and slice into quarter chunks
place apples and water in the slow cooker. cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until desired consistency. recommend 4 – 6 quart slow cooker
add cinnamon and nutmeg just before removing from the slow cooker
allow to cool completely
– 4 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup all – purpose flour
– 3/4 cup white sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 egg, beaten
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
2. in a 9 inch square baking pan, mix sliced apples with brown sugar. In a large bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, beat together egg and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture. Spread evenly over apples
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toppings is golden crisp
We hope you have an awesome time apple picking this fall! We hope you enjoyed our blog!